Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Sadist

Well, okay, the title doesn't demand much explanation this time around, and this really bugs me because there's no way I can use the curtain-raising moment to showcase my skills at sarcasm, or to blow a bit of my own trumpet. So much for having my own blog, and all that jazz! But, to start with it all, I'd like to have the definition here for all of you understand what's going to follow. So, according to Dictionary.com (a wonderful online dictionary, by the way), a sadist gets sexual gratification by causing pain to others, and such a person ENJOYS being cruel.

And, I became one of the victims of one of the several of this particular species, just a couple of days ago.

The effect which such people have on the psyche of normal, happy and chirpy birds like yours truly, is quite tear-evoking and also hatred-evoking. Once such a person has unleashed one of his tricks upon the folks belonging to the latter category, there's no way they can manage to regain their smiling demeanor and hopeful attitude towards life for the next few days at least. It's like you suddenly got engulfed by something dark and vicious from all around; like the flow of something vital in you, got stopped. The feeling of hopelessness and despair is too crushing, at times.

It is in one of these moments when the erstwhile chirpy bird can seem to remember almost all the profanities and cuss words he/she ever heard in their life, but this time, they speak them out aloud with quite a lot of malice intertwined. They wonder if it were indeed possible for such a person to have been created by the Lord Almighty. It seems more likely that the Devil got to work on their mind.

The sadist just laughs away while you writhe away in pain; he smirks with a malicious glint in his eyes while you grind your teeth because your hands are tied with the cords of institutional-setups; he immerses himself in pleasure as he bruises one more of his victim knowing fully well that the healing would be a long, painful process, and the scars may even stay there for life.

I may see light again after some more days because I have a strong emotional support, but I wonder what happens to the less fortunate of my kind. I'll try to come up with a lighter piece of writing which sounds happier and more cheerful, next time. But thanks for reading through my grief.

5 comments:

  1. omg...GP provoked someone's mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was something I really HAD to get off my chest, you know.. And that too publicly.. Now I feel better, and I guess I can breathe out without spitting venom.. I feel kind of liberated after having written this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice way to express ur feelings ..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was really no other way I could have gotten it out of my system..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karmaneva adhikarste ma faleshu kadachana. This world is wonderful if we see it that way.

    ReplyDelete