Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sachin Tendulkar

I don't think that I'm going to even think about explaining the title this time around. It is self explanatory, thank you very much. In fact, I had planned to simply put some thousand-odd pictures of this living legend over here in this post instead of writing anything at all. That would have served the purpose well enough, I guess!

Is it even possible for a human being - a mere mortal - to even give a fitting-enough introduction to this demigod who prefers to dwell upon this planet rather than somewhere in the skies above, forget about completing the entire description? So, I'm not going to try doing anything of this sort. I'm only going to try and write something which may not do full justice to his stature, but would also not offend any die hard Sachin fan

Well, I've been held by the charm of this magician ever since I first got introduced to this sport. The way he would swing his bat to send the ball racing down towards the boundary (or above the boundary, right into the stands) - he does that with equal panache even now after so many years - would leave me gaping at the TV screen, no matter how many times he did it - and he did it often enough. The quick runs between the wickets, the unconventional sweeps, the hooks, the pulls, everything, got my pulse racing like nothing else. The way he would slaughter the opposition's bowling attack was more than enough to send any team into a very-justified panic attack at the very thought of having him in the middle while it was their turn to field. The huge pileup of runs scored by him leaves little to be said. However, it is not the sheer number of his centuries and other career milestones alone, but the grit and determination which he possesses, which make me hold him in awe. He has not stopped trying to improve himself even though he has achieved a God-like stature in Cricket.

Today he hit his first century of this year's edition of World Cup - and England constitute a good enough bowling threat. It may not have been one of his best, but the awe factor stills lingers about it. I'm sure there would be many more to follow. But, nevertheless, I wish him All The Best!!


3 comments:

  1. I really wish he'd have got the Man of the Match award as well... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW COME ON POOJI.... SAB MOH MAYA HAI YE BHAGWAAN K LIYE.... USSE AKELE KO ITNE AWARDS MIL CHUKE HAIN JITNE UNKI POORI TEAM NE ZINDAGI MEIN MILA K B NAHI LIYE HONGE.....INFACT AB TOH MAIN BOLTA HU YE MOM AWRAD KA CHODD... BHARAT RATNA se neeche ki baat hi mat karo ab toh uske context mein

    ReplyDelete