Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Starting Afresh

It feels really weird, you know, this writing a fresh post after such a long time. But don't worry; I'm not going to go on a full-on recap mode or something along those lines. In fact, you'd be quite glad to know that I acknowledge the fact, without even the slightest trace of acrimony, that you people wouldn't really be super anxious to know about the absolutely regular and sort-of-everyday affairs of my not-too-exciting life while I was Missing-in-Action. Nevertheless, it IS a different kind of feeling.

It is so very different from the excitement which I had felt coursing through me when I had first attempted a shot at blogging sometime during July 2010; or when I had posted a piece after a long gap of some 4 months, when it was merely about having to choose from such a long list of things to talk about, for the talkative bird in me was fighting against her prime instinct to talk about everything on her mind right there in a single post (now THAT would have, like, made it in the record books as one of the longest posts ever!).

But this time it's like meeting some very old and dear friend after a very long time, when you want to talk about so many things, but you don't know whether you should be saying it all out because the other person may not be able to keep up with you; it's like wanting to bare your soul in front of her but not being able to do that because you think that it may shatter some notions (good ones, of course) about you which she might be carrying around in her head; it's like not being able to look her in her eyes while admitting to something really cheesy which you did, and then being relieved and smiling broadly when you finally look up and don't catch even the slightest hints of disapproval.

Hell, it's like looking at your own reflection in some clear pool with no shadows, after a long time...

And so, here was me, starting afresh and trying to reconnect with you guys after a long hiatus. I'll be back with my regular chatter, really soon this time! Cheerio!


2 comments:

  1. "Hell, it's like looking at your own reflection in some clear pool with no shadows, after a long time..."
    couldn't agree with you more...we all need to see the mirror sooner or later but due to being messed up in my head (both inside and outside) i rarely gave it a thought...a flip side is good but to see your own side is even better...

    ReplyDelete